"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Weight Watchers


Okay, so I've procrastinated long enough and have finally accepted that I'm not one of those women where the pregnancy weight just melts off… shed a tear for me! :)

So… after talking with my friend Kelly a few weeks ago I started tracking what I was eating and today I'll be attending my first weight watchers meeting! Just to give you a little background, I'm 29 years old, 5'10 tall and I currently weigh a whopping 167 lbs! Prior to my pregnancy, I weighed about 155. (still more than I'd like…) My ideal weight is around 140. That is where I was when I rode my bicycle across Oregon in 2005 (yes, all decked out in my spandex pants!)

Here I am in 2006 for our wedding weekend:

and don't even get me started on college!!!! I think these days are long gone:

What I miss most about being that weight is just not worrying about my body… I didn't think I was a super model, but I just didn't worry about it. My clothes fit fine and I wasn't appalled at the thought of going to the beach or putting on a pair of shorts.

Our beautiful daughter will be 8 months old on April 4th and I LOVE being a mother. But in order to be the best Mom I can be I need to feel good about myself. I want to enjoy going out and doing things with her without being self conscious. My husband is truly wonderful and loves me regardless of my weight, but I'm sure he's sick of me being so self-conscious.

So, I'm going to stick with this… and probably blog about my journey. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I did WW to get rid of my freshman, sophmore and junior 30! It really works and you can still eat whatever you want, just in the right proportions. Personally, I saved my points for vino :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you biked across Oregon...I'm very impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be cheering you on Jaime! I feel your pain and cannot WAIT to start working out again. I am going to have to work EXTRA hard to get the extra stuff around my tummy off. I think you look great now and great back then too! I am happy for you that you are doing this for yourself. We are are own critics...and many of the things you spoke about I can totally relate to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo Jamie! You are a brave soul! I still won't let Jason know what I weigh ;-) Clearly I have more "head issues" to get over than you! :-)

    How did you like your first meeting? You'll have success! Stick with the program, and you'll love what happens! Let's share yummy WW recipes that we find!

    First step is the hardest, I think. Way to go! Keep it up!

    Tiffany tells me this great line all the time (She's doing WW with me):

    "Nothing tastes better than skinny feels!"

    Every time I want something I shouldn't eat, I say that to myself, and it keeps me in check!

    ReplyDelete