"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Friday, March 26, 2010

$25 Grocery Challenge

An awesome week at Publix! While 4 lbs of bacon may seem a little excessive..it freezes, and you have clearly not met my husband.
Here's how it went down:
(1) dozen eggs
(1) Publix white bread
(1) gallon Publix milk
(1) Sara Lee pound cake
2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
1.5 lbs lean ground beef
(4) Oscar Mayer Bacon
(1) Cool Whip tub
(1) Bob Evans Macaroni & Cheese side
(2) International Delight French Vanilla coffee creamers
(4) bags BirdsEye vegetables
(4) cans Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup
(1) Scotties Tissue
1 lb fresh strawberries
(1) Breakstones sour cream
(2) Heinz White Vinegars
(2) Vitamin Waters
(2) Buitoni Fettucini noodles
(1) Yoplait greek yogurt
(1) box Chocolate Cheerios
(2) boxes Nabisco Wheat Thins

Total BEFORE sales and coupons: $98.58
Total AFTER sales and coupons: $18.37

And I've been feeling guilty since Monday because I took an extra shopping trip to Southern Family Markets where I spent $30 :-) The store is going out of business so I bought the following for some deep discounts...it was well worth it for the 3 large packs of diapers, sippy cups and wine:
(1) large box Gerber Oatmeal
(2) large bottles of Best Yet apple juice
(2) Huggies Supreme packs of diapers (size 4)
(1) Luvs jumbo pack of diapers (size 4)... we're all stocked up on size 2's and 3's!
(1) Wet Ones wipes
(1) Johnson & Johnson SPF 40 baby sunscreen
(2) Gerber Sippy cups
(2) 25 packs pink balloons
(2) 25 packs white balloons (never too early to plan for Hastings bday bash)
(1) roll baby shower wrapping paper
(1) bottle Fish Eye Merlot wine
(1) Best Yet frozen peas & carrots

SO, for the very first time in almost 6 months i've gone over my self imposed $25 grocery limit. Hope my readers aren't too disappointed...I'm human and can't resist a good bargain! But I did spend a $25 gift card won from Huggies Rewards, so really my out of pocket was about $23.

Anywho, here's what's on the menu at the Moore house this week - look for healthier meals from this point forward, I'll be starting Weight Watchers meetings on Wed! Momma's got some post baby fatness to lose :-) bye bye spare tire!!!
Grilled Chicken with steamed veggies
Spicy Soy Pork with rice and veggies
Stouffers Lasagna (NOT giving this up!) and a salad
Thanksgiving Turkey casserole
Club Sandwiches and baked potato fries
and Gran-T is in town so i'm sure she'll whip something delicious up a few nights

No comments:

Post a Comment