Last night Hastings just did NOT want to sleep. Not sure if she's going through a growth spurt, teething etc. but I was up with her from midnight to 4:30am. While we were awake we did a little chit chatting.
I told her how Mommy and Daddy both grew up in Mountain Brook, attended the same elementary school and all about when her daddy "dumped" me in the 5th grade because I got glasses (the glasses were pretty awful, totally 80's). I also told her about our high school choir trip to Hawaii senior year. To this day I'm not sure what possessed Jim Moore, football player, to join show choir (think Finn from "Glee") but we're glad he did. I don't think Jim and I talked much between 5th grade and senior year...because of my broken heart and all :-) but we did a lot of flirting on that trip to Hawaii and started officially "dating" shortly after we returned.
After Hastings FINALLY went to sleep - and I can only assume she was just bored of my talking - I went to my jewelry box to pull out the picture I've kept of Jim and I in Hawaii our senior year. Guess what? It was in January 1999! 11 years ago this month!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Josh, check it out, Jim is wearing a University of Michigan hat. A closet Big Ten fan?
ReplyDelete