"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Miter Saw, Jig Saw, Drill Bits OH MY!

For Christmas this year my wish list looked a bit "man-ly". I really only wanted one thing - a compound miter saw with a laser. And guess what? My wonderful in-laws got it for me! (In laws pictured below..I love this picture of Ann)
I also scored an awesome jig saw, drill bit set and $75 gift card to Home Depot from my hot, tool minded husband.

If you've known me for awhile, or have visited my home, you are well aware of my Pottery Barn obsession. Is "pottery barn" a decorating style? I think so, and have decorated every room in our beautiful home with ideas from the pages of their glorious catalogs.

SO this brings me back to my christmas gifts. While I love Pottery Barn furniture, I just can't afford the Pottery Barn prices. One of the things I love about cottage style furnishings is its simplicity. Simply, I'm pretty sure I can build 80% of the furniture in the new Pottery Barn Kids catalog for less than 1/2 the price!

Take my first project....
The Dollhouse Bookcase (which will look freaking adorable in Hastings room!)


$399 and assembly required!!!!!
I DON'T THINK SO
Hastings is getting one for Valentines day, but her Mommy will buy the materials (all solid wood instead of the MDF used by PB) build it, paint it and assemble it for LESS THAN $80.
I'll get started on it next week and will post pictures of the finished product soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment