"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

$25 Grocery Challenge

Publix:
(1) gallon Publix milk
3lb bag yellow onions
1lb bananas
2lbs red grapes
(1) 4pk Publix toilet paper
(1) 8pk Brawny paper towels
(1) bag Publix cinnamon raisin bagels
(3) 200 piece bags Wonka variety bags
(4) 3 packs 8x8 Hefty EZ Foil baking pans
(1) bag Santitas tortilla chips
(1) bag Pepperidge Farm sugar cookies
(2) packages Nestle Tollhouse Halloween cookie dough
(5) 8oz blocks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
(2) packages Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Shaved lunch meat
(1) tub Publix sour cream
(1) package Vigo yellow rice
Total before sales and coupons: $87.11
Total AFTER sales and coupons: $21.98

Kroger:
(6) packages Idahoan instant potatoes
(1) tub Athenos Hummus
4lb pork loin
Total before sales and coupons: $22,84
Total AFTER sales and coupons: $7.82

Weekly Total: $29.80
What's on the menu at our house this week:
Dorothy Wallins Pork Loin roast with brown rice (only using a few cloves this time)
Baked ravioli and a salad

3 comments:

  1. you shouldn't need to...the ones I bought today have an expiration date of March 2011 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need HELP! i was doing so well, and then I realized that my Grocery bill was almost (to the penny!) your before price! ACK! I need to do better........

    ReplyDelete