The beach here in Seagrove is, as always, absolutely beautiful! It's really sad that the media coverage of the oil spill has scared so many tourists away. I won't lie, we have seen some nickel size tar balls, but they are much less annoying than the usual seaweed and/or jellyfish. We have been swimming in the ocean and playing in the sand for the past 2 days, there is just no reason to cancel your beach vacation in this area if you have one planned :-)
It is obviously less crowded down here for this time of year...a big blow to the local economy. My parents own rental property and inquiries have come to an abrupt halt in the last month or so, not to mention the people who booked vacations before the spill are calling/emailing daily because they are totally freaked out by the reports on national news.
Since my parents have a few weeks still available at their rental house "Muriels Grove" I've arranged a "friendly" discount to my blog readers.
The charming 3 bed/3 bath house usually rents this time of year for $2300.00 a week but call and mention you are friends with Jim and Jaime and rent for $1200.00/week (there is a week minimum stay). Currently the following weeks are available for this cRaZy good deal :-)July 18-24, 2010
July 25-31, 2010
August 1-7, 2010
Check out their VRBO site http://www.vrbo.com/10007 or call my parents (Jim & Debbie Tyson) at 850-502-4266.
Jaime I am SO game!!! I am trying to get in touch with some of our fam about one of the July w/e's so pls don't book yet!! LOVE the house...it looks awesome & what a deal! I'll let you know as soon as I hear from them.
ReplyDelete