"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sip n' Sew

After suffering many years on the back-burner of my hobbies, sewing is finally more than an irregular blip on the radar.

This afternoon we had the first (and certainly not the last) sewing party at my house! The project was a simple A-Line dress by Martha Pullen. With a little Alison Kraus playing in the background, we spent the afternoon pinning, sewing, and giggling (and maybe...just maybe...sipped some mimosas too)





Some of the finished products!!!



The last one is for Hastings 1st birthday party (in August)...not real pleased with the brown outline on the cupcake but oh well

2 comments:

  1. What did Rebecca end up making? I am so jealous, but glad you gals had a fun afternoon. Hopefully I will be able to join you all next time around! The outfits are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like tons of fun!!! Wish I was talented!

    ReplyDelete