"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

$25 Grocery Challenge

Since we're going to the beach soon I opted to buy a $50 BP Gas card today at Publix (oh the irony....damn BP) because they are running the $10 off deal. Not much needed in the way of groceries because we're eating out of the stock pile before we head out of town. Here's how it went down today:

(1) $50 BP gas card
(2) packages Oscar Mayer Oven Roasted Chicken deli meat
(1) bag Publix potato chips
(1) Heluva Good cheddar jalepeno dip
(2) bags 8 O'Clock Coffee
(30) jars Beech Nut baby food
1.25 lbs Jennie-O ground lean turkey
(1) Fresh Express salad
(1) box cheerios

Total BEFORE sales and coupons: $95.71
Total AFTER sales and coupons: $47.43

Pretty darn good considering that includes $50 worth of gas! I love when Publix does this deal because I basically got all the groceries for free this week (um..hello...we would have purchased gas to get down to the beach anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment