"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

$25 Grocery Challenge

I bet you thought we'd given up on the $25 challenge since there were no posts the past couple of weeks! Nope, just busy with an active crawling/cruising 10 month old and struggling to get healthy again (been struggling with the allergies and then had a scare with some chest pains earlier this week). But alas...all is well...and I had a great trip to Publix today. Here's how it went down:

(4) Gerber 2nd Foods
(1) Simply Smart milk
(4) bottles Kraft BBQ sauce
(1) Bic disposable razors
(1) Lawry's merinade
(2) bananas
(1) Athenos Feta Cheese
(3) Texas Toast Croutons
(2) ears of corn
1 lb Ground beef
(2) Kraft American Cheese
(2) Romaine lettuce
(2) Bush's Beans
(1) lemon juice
(4) Heluva Good dip
(1) Breakstones sour cream
(2) Campbells Cream of Mushroom soup
(1) QTips
(1) Cheerios
(1) fresh Italian Bread from bakery
(1) BeechNut Sweet Potato Crackers
(2) idaho potatoes

Total BEFORE sales and coupons: $79.23
Total AFTER sales and coupons: $18.29

1 comment:

  1. At the hampton cove publix, they were out of the heluva good and snyder pretzels, but I got some rainchecks. There is a coupon booklet hoarder at that store too. I have NEVER been able to even get ONE! The summer savings booklets are all gone already and it pisses me off that people take like 10 at once! :(

    ReplyDelete