"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Weight Watchers - Week 1

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Lao tzu
Weight Loss This Week: 4.4lbs

Challenge: Avoiding the Cadbury creme eggs, mini eggs and Reese's eggs!

Celebration: Wearing two of my pre-pregnancy dresses over Easter weekend!

My WW tip of the week: Popsicle Fudgesicles are only a half a point each and are great for when you're craving something sweet!


3 comments:

  1. Jamie, that's AWESOME! Way to go! You rocked your first week! How did Jim do? (He may not have gone yet to weigh in...)

    I also got to wear a dress for Easter that I haven't fit into in years! So thrilling!

    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...so proud. Did you feel deprived? Did you have to give up anything??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jaime!
    I peek in on your blog from time to time to coo over Anne Hastings and see what you and Jim are up to! But this entry definitely struck a more personal chord with me. After high school and college, I "blossomed" up to nearly 300 lbs. Years of denial (big boned? never lost my baby fat? I just don't have a good metabolism?) later and I finally decided to get some help. And you know me...I was always severely overweight.

    5 years later, I've lost and held off 85 lbs. The first 60 I can blame entirely on WW - we'll call the second 25 the New York Pounds. It's a great program, and if you need any words of wisdom or encouragement, drop me a line! HAVE FUN! That was really always the key for me...discovering the joy of new recipes and foods to go crazy over.

    I went back and read your intro to WW entry, and I think you're going into this with a really great attitude and mindset.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete