"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Friday, April 30, 2010

Do I miss work?

Ummmm

No, of course not! Our sweet little girl is amazing, and just today I watched her do something new and exciting (well, exciting to me). She needs me right now more than ever and despite her frequent separation issues when I leave the room to pee

or guilt I sometimes feel because the house is not spotless, Hastings delights me dozens and dozens of times each day. Being at home has also allowed me to developed some great new friendships with other SAHMs for which I am truly grateful!

So, no, I don’t miss work. I do not miss the HR drama, nor the office politics, nor the daily grind. Hastings may keep me awake at night and wear me out during the day when she decides a nap is not necessary, but she does not stress me out. I am beyond appreciative of my husband for being so understanding (a rock star really), and am also thankful for the experience I had the last 3 months at my previous employer...for without that absolutely miserable experience I would have never been driven to stay at home with the Hasteroo.

Now...off to do one of those things I never did when I was working...SEW :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment