"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sew much fun!

I'm what you might call impatient when it comes to sewing and typically stick to drapes and pillows (projects that only require straight lines) and I absolutelyl HATE following patterns. By the time I pin the pattern on the fabric and cut it out i'm already bored, but today I had a bit of Spring fever and decided to sew a dress for Hastings. Not wanting to make the trek down the mountain to Hancock fabric to buy a pattern I opted to "wing it" instead. Here's what we ended up with... me thinks it's kinda cute!

6 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! Love the ruffled sleeves! Did you just draw your own pattern?

    Cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very impressive - what do you have up your sleeve for boy clothes?? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. GranT is extremely proud of you!! she has to use a pattern---you are following in Eeyo's footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have it figured out

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is VERY cute! You did a great job! I plan to sew today as well!

    ReplyDelete