"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Monday, February 8, 2010

Mountain Brook High School's Broccoli Casserole

So easy you can make it with a baby strapped to the front of you!
Yep, 3pm and I'm still in my jammies :-) Oh how I love being at home during the day.

Mountain Brook classmates may remember this one from the HS cafateria. My brother liked it so much that my mother asked the school for the recipe.
This makes one 9x12 casserole (but, as you can see, i chose to make 2 8x8 casseroles instead. One for tonight...and one to freeze)
Ingredients:
-2 1/2 lbs fresh or frozen broccoli (I used three 12 ounce bags of Green Giant Broccoli Steamers b/c they are just WAY easier!)
-1 cup mayonaise
-1 can cream of mushroom soup
-1 egg
-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1 T lemon juice
-1 1/2 cup crushed crackers (I used 2 of the Ritz cracker snacker sleeves)
-1/2 stick butter, melted

Cook and drain broccoli and set aside. In a large bowl, combine mayo, cream of mushroom soup, egg, cheese and lemon juice.
Add drained broccoli to the mixture.

Pour into greased casserole dish and top with the mixture of crushed crackers and melted butter.
Bake at 350 until bubbly.

1 comment:

  1. No way! I love that you got this! I'm way too excited about this...

    ReplyDelete