"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

$25 Grocery Challenge

WINE, sweet nectar of the gods!!!! I don't know about you but I consider bringing home a bottle of wine while still staying within my $25 budget a freaking huge success. Granted, it's a super cheap bottle of Woodbridge Merlot but, in the words of a dear friend, "it'll drink". I hit Kroger in addition to my normal Publix trip again this week because I just couldn't pass up the amazing deal on Kraft shredded cheese. Here's how it when down today:
(1) Bottle of Woodbridge Merlot
(1) Gallon of Publix Milk
7 lbs of ground chuck
2 lbs of fresh green and red bell peppers
(2) Boxes of Special-K cereal
(1) Spice Island Dried Oregano
(1) McCormick Ground Cinnamon
(1) Jar of Motts Applesauce
(2) McCormick White Chicken Chili Mix
(1) Argo Cornstarch
(2) French's Mustard
(2) 1lb Velvetta
(4) Kraft Shredded Cheese
(1) Franks Hot Sauce
(1) Can of Rotel
(1) Cadbury Egg...yumm
(4) Sobe Lifewaters
(6) Cheddar Jalapeno Heluva Good Dip - look out Super Bowl party 'cause The Moores are bringing dip!
(1) Huggies 64 count baby wipes
(4) Knox gelatin
AND a free movie rental from the Blockbuster Kiosk in our Publix - "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock

Total BEFORE sales and coupons: $110.19
Total AFTER sales and coupons: $22.85


And here's what's on the menu this week:

White Chicken Chili

Cheeseburgers

Baked Ziti

Frozen Thanksgiving Casserole (from my freezer stash!)

Seared Tuna over a salad with ginger dressing

Taco Soup

& Super Bowl food at the Goins!


1 comment:

  1. i'm so stinkin impressed! i need to come shopping with you and learn how you do this...I can do a pretty good jobwith the cvs extra bucks, but nothing like this! :-)

    ReplyDelete