That's right! I did it....I quit my job. Ok, so it doesnt really take effect until December 30th but still...WOO HOO
I liken the whole experience to skydiving. I imagine when you take the final jump off the airplane, there are a few moments where you're terrified your parachute won't open and you'll land, splat, in a field of cow dung, with those around you muttering "told you so." Walking in and quitting on Monday was my jump off that plane.
And guess what? After shutting the door, taking a seat in the chair of my COO's office and telling him I was officially going to be a stay at home mom, I knew deep down that everything really was going to be okay. I just needed to push off that plane with the force I had mustered in the last few weeks and not look back. So I did.
I was terrified of cutting loose the security and comfort that comes with having a two incomes in our household. But the reality is (as my husband so wonderfully explains) money is the easiest thing to come by and our familys happiness is the most important thing in the world right now. Although I'm pretty sure someone will have to remind me of this in a few months when I tire of eating ramen noodles and spam.
Will times be tough? You bet. We’ll have to learn to stretch our dollars a bit further and wont be able to buy all the “things” we’ve grown accustomed to (yes, yellow boat, I’m talkin’ to you!). There will be days I'm sure I will long for adult conversation, days when I'll feel like we have no money at all, days I'll wonder what the heck I was thinking when I quit my high paying job. But I’m quite certain those days will be outnumbered. The thought of being at home with my baby girl each day, watching her grow and not missing ONE SINGLE minute, makes my heart smile!
And for everyone who has put up with my whining, complaining, bitching and moaning for the last 2 months...Thank you and I love you!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
And this is unrelated to the above post, but i thought it was funny 
I sure wish your high school English teachers could read your writing. :-) I like your style.
ReplyDelete(sorry, once a teacher, always a teacher....)
p.s. love MOM
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! - when's our first playdate???!!!
ReplyDeleteJulie
So excited for you! I'm sure the transition will be smoother than you think. It was for me. :)
ReplyDeleteYou will LOVE being at home with Anne Hastings, and although there will be hard days, you will NEVER regret this decision! There are too many priceless moments each day that you'd miss otherwise! I like how you said the idea of being at home makes your heart happy. You'll enjoy it very much! Can't wait for playdates :-)
ReplyDeleteThe funny thing is you'll start dating again...dating other moms. It's so true! You'll "hit" on a random mom at Target or at Barnes & Noble at the traintable! You'll see what I mean! ;-)