"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hastings' Boutique

 Finished painting this old entertainment cabinet I found yesterday.  My husband was not at all impressed with the plan to start a new project 6 days before delivery...but because he's pretty awesome he picked it up at the thrift store after work and brought it home.   It's going to serve as a boutique/armoire for all of Hastings' dress-up clothes, shoes and accessories.  I painted the inside of the drawer yellow and we'll add this decorative paper to the inside of the top part where the clothing rod will be (and back too once we cut some wood to fit)
Love LOVE Arboreal paper!  It's printed on recycled paper with soy based inks.   And designed by my best bud Erin Pfister :-)   Visit her Etsy store and buy lots of stuff!!
Hopefully I'll be able to post a finished product picture once we get the clothing rod and paper installed and carry it upstairs to the playroom.  I'm definitely excited about an organized place to store the large amount of dress up clothes we have somehow accumulated.
 


Here's the ugly before picture.  Poor little cabinet!  She just needed a fresh coat of paint and a new purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment