"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Saturday, August 18, 2012

A little zebra print goes a long way...

I'm loving the burst of energy i've had for the last 48 hours...something tells me it won't happen again for quite awhile.   The nursery is a little closer to completion (still lacking the pretty trim to hide the old color).

Finishing the window treatments last night got me motivated to tackle the remainder of the sewing projects.  We've been searching for crib bedding that would go with the zebra fabric I found at Sir's but weren't fans of the cutesie jungle safari stuff that's out there right now.  So I thought...how hard could it be to sew a bumper?  OMG it was the biggest pain - never again!!!!  I'm not sure why it took me forever, but I'm pretty happy with how it came out.
 The crib skirt was also finished today...

as was the moses basket cushion and cover...


And then I went all "Sound of Music" and decided Hastings should wear a little zebra drapery fabric and ruffled minky on the bottom of some of her old jeans.  Score...she'll get another years wear out of these!



No comments:

Post a Comment