"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

$25 Grocery Challenge

Say Cheeeese!
(1) Gallon milk
(1) Hunts ketchup
(1) Publix white bread
(1) bag fresh Spinach for salads
1 lb granny smith apples
2 lbs red grapes
3 baking potatoes
(4) bags Kraft cheddar cheese
(2) bags Kraft mozzeralla cheese
(4) packages Kraft Singles
(1) Publix sour cream
(1) Country Crock butter
(6) Old El Paso dinner kits
(3) Old El Paso seasoning packets
(3) 12qt Crystal light drink mix
(1) quart Whole Fruit sorbet
(2) packages Pledge Grab It dusting wipes
(3) tubes Colgate Toothpaste

Total before sales and coupons: $105.16
Total after sales and coupons: $25.69

What's on the menu this week?
Enchiladas (shocker!) with black beans
Stouffers lasagna and a salad
Grilled steak over spinach salad
Easy chicken with mashed potatoes and lima beans
BBQ baked potato bar
Angel hair pasta with lemon pepper chicken and mixed veggies


***If your chicken stockpile is running low, Kroger has their Tyson Boneless/Skinless chicken breasts on sale for $1.99/lb again - this is a FANTASTIC price :-) ***

5 comments:

  1. Your publix must take lots of competitors coupons. mine have really cracked down on competitor coupons..they won't even take targets! I used to be able to get my total a lot further down, but can't get it quite a low anymore because of that! But I still LOVE publi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through my friend Beth Hornsby. Wow! I am so impressed by your $25 grocery challenge! I just started couponing, but haven't really seen the fruits of my labor. I've been looking at the Publix weekly ad, printing coupons online for those items or cutting them out of Red Plum or Smartsource in the Sunday paper. How do you get your bill so low? Do you use sales, manufacturers coupons and competitor's coupons all together? I live in Huntsville so we probably frequent the same Publix :) I would really appreciate your expertise! How do you do it???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elizabeth! Keep at your couponing because it will get easier and easier :-) Publix is definitely the best place to shop and there are numerous websites out there that will do most of the work for you (i.e. www.iheartpublix.com) I'll try to put together a list of "tips and tricks" to post soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaime I could not find the whole fruit sorbet coupon when I followed how to get it on southern savers :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole fruit sorbet coupon was not in our local insert, but it was in my Moms in FL.

    ReplyDelete