"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ten things I’ve learned in my first few months as a Mom

10. Frozen casseroles are my friend! The crock pot is my good friend! And whoever gave me the crock pot as a wedding present is my new BEST friend!
9. Dogs are just dogs…
8. Baby Einstein DVDs are a waste of money…all you need is a flip video, computer and some classical music
7. No matter what anyone tells you, you’re never prepared for any of it: being pregnant, labor and delivery or motherhood itself
6. Sleeping in on Saturdays was a luxury that I never truly appreciated
5. Our parents are amazing. Thank you for your generosity, words of encouragement and advice you seem to sneak into every conversation. Jim and I aspire to be great parents like you.
4. Breastfeeding is NOT easy..any woman that tells you otherwise is a liar. And what’s up with my towels feeling like sandpaper these days????
3. Now I know why my mom worries so much! I find myself worrying about things that I know I can’t control…like when i’m going through a green light and I worry that some maniac will run the red light on the other side and hit us
2. There is no greater feeling than the one you get from your daughters smile

And the # 1 thing I’ve learned since becoming a Mom:
My husband is an amazingly patient and loving man with whom I could not survive without. Who else would jump up to get the burp cloth that I inevitably forget to grab before a feeding?? I love you Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment