"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Monday, June 9, 2014

Simple Almond Pesto


After ignoring the basil in my herb pot for much too long I think it's time to whip up something yummy...and simple.   Because it's summer and I refuse to slave away in the kitchen.  My time is much better spent at the pool with a MEGA MARGARITA don'tcha think?  AND I get to use my food processor, yippee.  

You can use this pesto for hot pasta, marinating/baking/grilling chicken, pork, or fish. Also good as a spread for sandwiches or wraps.  I highly recommend freezing whatever you don't use immediately in ice cube trays ... super for popping into other recipes later.
This recipe makes 16 -2 Tbsp servings.

Ingredients
3 cups Basil leaves, roughly chopped 

1/2 Cup Slivered, unsalted Almonds, toasted
3 Cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2-3/4 Cup of Olive Oil
1 Tsp Salt


Directions 
  1. In the bowl of your processor put garlic, basil, and almonds. Pulse until uniformily chopped, stopping to scrape sides, as necessary.
  2. Add Parmesan Cheese, pulse to mix in.
  3. Measure out 1/2 cup of Olive Oil, while running processor slowly stream oil into bowl, stopping at the right consistency and using an additional 1/4 cup in needed..



No comments:

Post a Comment