"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Big Girl Dresser - BEFORE

We just bought the final piece of furniture for Hastings big girl bedroom - a totally hideous dresser to be sanded and painted a pretty pale green with brand new hardware!  Picked it up at a local thrift store..price tag was $75 (which I was totally psyched about).  I got up to the cash register and the lady charges $37.50 ??  Thinking she made a mistake or perhaps we are supposed to pay the other half upon pickup, I ask the lady if she's sure...to which she replies "yes sugar, furniture is 50% off today"
SCORE!
a diamond in the rough...solid wood with dovetail joints :-)

Pretty Orchid - color of big girl room
Willow Wind - color of dresser,  playroom and bathroom


No comments:

Post a Comment