"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to the best mom in the world. Who, but my mom, would rearrange her schedule to stay and take care of me in Huntsville an extra 4 days! Also a big thanks to my mommy friends who have offered to help out too.
After 2 bouts of walking pneumonia in the last 2 months I now have the real deal - Pneumonia. What a pain in the butt! I've got a follow up appt a week from tomorrow, if I'm still showing signs of pneumonia they'll admit me to the hospital for further testing. Thank God I'm able to take it easy and stay in bed the next few days knowing my mom has Hastings, Jim, Dixie, the laundry, the cleaning, etc under control. Perhaps the worst part about being sick is that I won't be able to run my first 10k this weekend. Drs orders are to take it easy for the next 2-3 weeks. Instead I will be out there to cheer on my training partner Rebecca along the route. Best part of being sick? Rapid weight loss of course :-)
Happy mothers day to all the mommys out there - may you spend the day being pampered by your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment